Diploma in Scientific Halal Practices
The DSHP is a pioneering and unique programme focusing on the development of knowledge and the implementation of halal practices in many different industries in Malaysia especially food service, pharmaceutical, logistics, manufacturing and processing as well as management. This programme is designed to equip students with understanding and skills in Science and Syariah in Halal field. This programme meets the urgent needs of Halal officers in the Halal industry worldwide. Graduates from this programme will be able to be competent Halal Officers, knowledgeable, equipped with practical and scientific skills and attitude who can contribute collectively to Scientific Halal Practices. They should also be able to work with others in business and entrepreneurial activities related to this industry.
The aim of Diploma in Scientific Halal Practices (DSHP) is to produce graduates who are knowledgeable, skilful and able to integrate knowledge drawn from sciences and halal, considering aspects of ethics and social responsibility to be incorporated into the halal industry.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:-
- Demonstrate knowledge of science and halal in halal industry.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills in relevant areas of halal industry.
- To employ appropriate skills in resolving halal issues.
- To communicate in various issues and situations effectively with peers and others.
- To work effectively as a team.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical responsibility in societal and global context.
- To undertake and acquire the capacity of lifelong learning.
- To identify business opportunities in halal industry and apply entrepreneurial skills.
- To demonstrate leadership skills in academic and non-academic setting.
- A pioneer in structured curriculum of Scientific Halal.
- Collaboration with TPM Biotech: a subsidiary of Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) Corporation Sdn Bhd that set up a Halal Science Laboratory equipped with the latest technologiy for the testing and analysis to meet halal requirements.
- Emphasised on practice-based learning to acquire the experience of professional work practices in the in industry.
- Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
- Science stream : obtain three (3) credits in Chemistry, Biology and Islamic Studies or Syariah; OR
- Non-science stream : obtain minimum B+ in science, AND three (3) credits in Islamic Studies or Syariah and one other subjects
- AND must pass Bahasa Melayu. Sejarah, Bahasa Inggeris and Mathematics; OR
- O-Level/IGCSE : Pass with minimum C in three (3) subjects including Biology, Chemistry or science, AND pass English and Mathematics; OR
- South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with minimum ATAR 50; OR
- A-Level : Pass with minimum C in three (3) subjects including Biology and Chemistry; OR
- Sijil Tingi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) : Pass with minimum C (NGMP 2.0) in Biology and Chemistry; AND pass Bahasa Inggeris and Mathematics; OR
- Any other qualifications from any institution in Malaysia that is recognised.
Lists of Majors
June / September (2 years)
RM 27, 200.00
RM 10, 880.00
- Fees are inclusive of tuition, registration and other services fees except for accommodation & transportation.
- For international students, fees are exclusive of accommodation, transportation, student pass charges, immigration charges, personal bond, EMGS visa processing fee, medical insurance premium, EMGS medical screening fee & caution money.
- For this fee structure, estimated currency exchange of USD 1.00 = MYR 5.00 is used.
INTEC Education College
Jalan Senangin Satu 17/2A, Section 17, 40200 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, MALAYSIA.
Tel: +603 - 5522 7000 (Hotline) / 7060 (Marketing) / 7227 (Programme Coordinator)